This Spanish chicken bake uses ingredients that are probably already in your pantry and fridge, and turns it into a delicious dish that your family will love on a busy day! This is a dish simple to put together, throw into the oven, and not have to worry about until it’s finished!
To see how it’s done, and find out why this recipe is one of Momma Cuisine’s most popular recipes, check out the video on the Homemade Spanish Chicken Bake!
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 jar (7 oz) green olives with pimento
- salt and pepper
- 1 Heat a large pan with olive oil.
- 2 Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 3 Brown skin side down first. (Do not cook chicken all the way)
- 4 Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 5 In a large casserole dish, place the uncooked white rice in the bottom and place the browned chicken on top.
- 6 Pour the can of roasted tomatoes and jar of green olives (including juice) on top of the chicken and rice.
- 7 Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes covered or until the rice is fully cooked and serve.
- 8 Bake an additional 10 minutes uncovered.
- 9 Serve and enjoy!