Chef Antonio Ortuño of Garlic & Parsleys shares his recipe for the perfect start to any breakfast, an authentic Spanish Omelette! —Editor
- 6 potatoes
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 onion
- 4 tablespoons, divided olive oil
- 5 eggs
- To taste salt
- 1 Cut and peel potatoes and zucchinis into thin slices with a grater.
- 2 Cut the onion into small slices.
- 3 In a pan, place 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then add potatoes, zucchinis, onions and salt. Continuously mix all of these ingredients so they do not burn or stick to the pan.
- 4 Note: if you like softer potatoes, break the potatoes while cooking and mix together with other ingredients.
- 5 Once the potatoes, onions and zucchinis are a golden color, remove from the fire. It is important to separate the remaining oil from the potatoes, onions and zucchinis with a strainer or on a plate with absorbing paper.
- 6 Beat the eggs, adding a little bit of salt (to taste). Once the eggs are ready add the potatoes, onions and zucchinis and mix well.
- 7 Prepare the frying pan by adding two tablespoons of olive oil as well as the potatoes, onions, zucchinis, mixed with the beaten eggs (continuously stir the mixture so it doesn't stick).
- 8 Once the egg begins to harden, cover with a lid and flip over (this is very easy, just proceed with confidence). Continue flipping the omelette until both sides are evenly cooked.