The crisp, clean taste of naturally fermented apple cider is given a hint of spice with the addition of cloves, cardamom and star anise.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- 4 cups hard apple cider, chilled
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 8 whole star anise
- 1 Select 8 tumblers or wineglasses. Pour 1/2 cup of the apple cider into each glass.
- 2 Add 1/8 teaspoon each of the cloves and cardamom to each glass and stir until well blended.
- 3 Garnish with a star anise. Serve immediately.