Make this dip the night before it’s needed, then “zap” it just before serving at your gathering.
For an attractive serving idea, place a microwave-safe holiday-themed container in the center of a
13×9-inch baking dish. Layer the ingredients around the small dish. After heating the dip, spoon the cilantro sauce in the center of the dish.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 1 pound Ground turkey
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) Pioneer Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 package (1.61 ounces) Pioneer Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 can (11 or 15 ounces) corn with green and red peppers, drained
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Chunky salsa (hot, medium, or mild)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- CILANTRO SAUCE:1 cup Sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 In large skillet, cook and stir turkey, Pioneer Taco Seasoning Mix and water over medium heat for 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- 2 In 2-cup glass measure, stir together Pioneer Brown Gravy Mix and milk; add to cooked turkey mixture. Cook and stir until thickened.
- 3 Pour into 13x9x2-inch microwave-safe baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer corn, black beans and salsa over turkey mixture. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate.
- 4 Stir together sour cream and cilantro. Transfer to a small dish and cover tightly; refrigerate.
- 5 At serving time, microwave dip (covered with plastic wrap) on High for 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 6 Uncover; sprinkle cheese on top. Cover loosely and microwave on High 1 to 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- 7 Spoon cilantro sauce on top of cheese or into center decorative serving dish. Garnish with chopped red and green bell pepper, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.