Spinach-Stuffed Mushrooms are perfect as a holiday appetizer or any time of the year.
Recipe courtesy of KRAFT®.
Nutrition Infomation (per serving – 1 mushroom each): Calories 50, Total fat 2.5 g, Saturated fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 150 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Dietary fiber 1 g, Sugars 1 g, Protein 4 g, Vitamin A 20 %DV, Vitamin C 4 %DV, Calcium 8 %DV, Iron 2 %DV.
Healthy Living Information: Good source of vitamin A or C.
Diet Exchange:1/2 Starch + 1/2 Fat
Nutrition Bonus: These appetizers can help you eat right. They contain spinach which provides vitamin A.
Kraft Kitchens Tips:
Leftover Stuffing? Mushrooms vary in size. Any leftover stuffing mixture can be served as a side-dish with chicken.
- 1 package (6 ounces) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 40 fresh mushrooms (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 Combine stuffing mix and water; set aside.
- 3 Remove stems from mushrooms; chop stems.
- 4 Melt butter in skillet on medium heat. Add chopped stems and garlic; cook and stir until tender.
- 5 Add to prepared stuffing along with spinach and cheeses; mix well.
- 6 Spoon evenly into mushroom caps. Place, filled-sides up, in shallow baking pan.
- 7 Bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through.