St Louis Style BBQ Ribs Recipe. St. Louis Style Ribs are known far and wide for their meaty tenderness. This recipe comes from the Ellis Island restaurant in Las Vegas.
See our Food Channel Raves & Faves feature story on Ellis Island Brewery & Casino.
- 2 full racks St. Louis ribs
- ¾ tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 quart water
- ¾ tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Season ribs evenly on both sides with seasoning salt.
- 3 Place ribs in a large perforated pan. Place inside a deeper pan. Place water and liquid smoke inside this pan.
- 4 Cover with plastic wrap, and then foil.
- 5 Bake for 2½ to 3 hours, or until rib meat is coming off the bone.
- 6 Remove ribs from the oven and place on a sheet tray to cool.