Funnel Cake a la Mode Recipe. Crispy-sweet funnel cake bites sprinkled with a blanket of powder sugar, loaded with hot fudge, juicy-sweet strawberries, and crispy colorful M&Ms milk chocolate candies. Topped with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and a sprinkling of M&Ms.
Recipe courtesy of MARS® Foodservices
- 24 ounces Funnel cake batter, prepared
- 1/4 cup Confectioners powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Hot fudge sauce, warm
- 1 1/2 cups Strawberry pieces in syrup
- 3/4 cup M&M'S® Milk Chocolate Candies, chopped
- 12 (#16) scoops Vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup (garnish) Hot fudge sauce, warm
- 1/4 cup (garnish) M&M'S® Milk Chocolate Candies, chopped
- 1 To prepare each serving, pour 1/4 cup (2 ounces) batter from funnel into small skillet containing 1 1/2-inches frying oil preheated to 375F.
- 2 Drain and dust with powdered sugar. Keep warm.
- 3 To serve, place warm funnel cake on plate and layer with 2 tablespoons of hot fudge sauce, 1 tablespoon strawberries in syrup, 1 tablespoon chopped M&M's®, and 1 scoop vanilla ice cream.
- 4 Garnish with 1 additional teaspoon of each hot fudge and chopped M&M's®.
- 5 MENU SUGGESTIONS: For quick and easy back-of-house preparation use 4-inch, funnel cake fryer rings to prepare in standard deep fryer.
- 6 Make large 10-inch funnel cakes for an over-the-top shareable State Fair Funnel Cake a la Mode with double the toppings.
- 7 Funnel cake mix is widely available through foodservice distributors.