The focus of this recipe is honey, but all of the flavors in this recipe work so well together, it’s simply delicious.
Left alone to do its thing whilst it cooks, the skinless chicken thighs take on a sweet depth of flavor and a dark sticky coat without burning or blackening.
Finished with honey, spring onions and fresh coriander, the chicken takes on a glossy glaze that keeps the whole thing moist and flavorful.
If you want the honey flavor to shine through, choose a well scented local honey. By choosing local honey, not only do you support the community and the environment but you will be more likely to benefit from its natural properties too!
This recipe is courtesy of the chefs at Rattan Direct.
For the Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 - 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the Salad
- Any stir fry mix of vegetables, ours included:
- Chinese Leaf
- Edamame beans
- Red onion
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Cooked rice
- 1 Toss the chicken in half the soy sauce and the garlic. Marinate in the fridge if you have time
- 2 Heat a frying pan to a high heat and add a splash of vegetable oil
- 3 Add the chicken pieces and cook, turning often, for about 25 minutes or until cooked right through and browned on the outside
- 4 Meanwhile, chop the salad ingredients into smaller pieces and toss in the vinegar. Do not add salt as this makes it soggy and limp
- 5 Once the chicken is cooked, add the rest of the soy, the honey, spring onions and coriander. Cook for a minute or so more
- 6 Sprinkle with sesame
- 7 Serve the hot chicken over rice, and pour over the sauce left in the pan