Sugar Plum Lollies Recipe. Sugarplum fairies, sugarplum treats and now, yes it’s true…sugarplum pops! These chocolate-dipped marshmallows with assorted toppings are a great gift wrapped in cellophane with a bow, or clustered into a little sugarplum bouquet perfect for Grandma.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- Nonstick vegetable or canola oil spray
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- Toppings: assorted sprinkles, colored sugars, nuts, flaked coconut, chips
- (white, peanut butter or milk chocolate mini), coarsely chopped candy
- 1 (10-ounce) bag large marshmallows
- 20 wooden craft/Popsicle sticks
- 1 Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lightly spray it with oil, then wipe the oil evenly across the parchment.
- 2 Place the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a metal bowl over a saucepan filled with 1 inch of hot water (creating your own double boiler). Melt the chocolate chips over medium-low heat until smooth, about 8 minutes. Transfer the melted chocolate to a room-temperature bowl.
- 3 Put each topping ingredient in a separate shallow bowl.
- 4 Stab each marshmallow with a craft stick, securing the marshmallow on the top (pushing the stick in about 1 inch), creating a lollipop. Dip the marshmallow pop into the chocolate and cover it evenly. Dip it into the various toppings. Put the marshmallow pop on the parchment to set. Repeat.
- 5 Refrigerate the marshmallow pops until the chocolate has completely hardened, at least 45 minutes.