The addition of lime zest to sugar adds a pleasant tartness to this refreshing salad. Make the lime-mint sugar no more than an hour before serving the salad, as the aromatic oil in the zest quickly loses its potency.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 each nectarines and peaches, halved, pitted and cut into slices 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cantaloupe or other melon, seeded, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, minced mint and lime zest. Set aside.
- 2 In a bowl, combine the nectarines, peaches and melon. Cut the grapes in half and add to the bowl. Drizzle the fruit with the lime juice and stir gently to coat. Sprinkle with the sugar mixture and turn the fruit once or twice to coat evenly.
- 3 Transfer the fruit to a serving bowl and serve immediately.