Forget the microwaved popcorn, homemade is the way to go! And it’s much easier than you think.
Make your movie night or game day is complete with this Sweet & Spicy Honey Popcorn, with just the right amount of heat and sweet to be completely addictive.
Recipe and image courtesy of the National Honey Board™.
- 10 cups (1/3 cups unpopped) popped popcorn (plain, no salt, no butter)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 Pop popcorn according to instructions.
- 2 Mix honey, butter, cayenne and cinnamon, heating in microwave in increments of 20 seconds until just combined.
- 3 While popcorn is still hot, sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle honey mixture on top.
- 4 Toss, making sure popcorn is coated.
- 5 Serve immediately.