Take fondue to the next level when you make it with succulent swiss gruyere.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 344 Fat, Total: 24g Carbohydrates, Total: 2g
Cholesterol: 83mg Sodium: 256mg Protein: 23g
Fiber: 0g % Cal. from Fat: 63% % Cal. from Carbs: 2%
- Gruyere cheese, rind cut off, cheese grated (6 cups packed - about 16 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 3 tablespoons Kirsch (clear cherry brandy)
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Assorted dippers (see list below)
- 1 Toss cheese with cornstarch in large bowl.
- 2 Bring wine, lemon juice and garlic to simmer in heavy large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Whisk 1 handful of cheese into wine until almost melted. Repeat with remaining cheese in about 5 more batches. Continue whisking until completely melted and fondue begins to bubble, about 1 minute. Whisk in Kirsch and nutmeg.
- 3 Transfer to fondue pot and keep warm over fondue burner. Accompany with a platter of assorted dippers, fondue forks and plates.
- 4 DIPPERS: Cubed crusty bread, boiled new potatoes, rounds of smoked sausage, cubed cooked chicken, blanched asparagus, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower florets and carrot sticks.