Take your taste buds to Thailand with this tangy and mouthwatering Thai Basil Wrap! These are delicious for lunch and dinner. They also keep extremely well if you want to meal prep your lunches for the week! This recipe was brought to us by the wonderful chefs at the Food Channel.
Want to see how it’s done? Check out the video here!
- 8-10 cabbage leaves or butter lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup shallots, minced
- 1 cup bell peppers, assorted, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 cup basil leaves, fresh
- ¼ cup lime juice, fresh
- 6 lime wedges
- Peanut sauce, prepared, as needed for dipping
- 1 In a hot skillet, pour in sesame oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- 2 Add the shallots and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- 3 Add bell pepper and carrots and sauté another minute.
- 4 Remove from heat and set aside.
- 5 In the same pan add more sesame oil and swirl to coat.
- 6 Add chicken and cook until browned or about 5 min. Drain if needed.
- 7 Return chicken to pan, add Serrano peppers and shallot pepper mixture.
- 8 Stir in fish sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce and black pepper.
- 9 Remove from heat and stir in basil and lime juice.
- 10 Fill cabbage or lettuce with mixture and serve with peanut sauce and lime wedges.