This easy-to-prepare recipe combines favorite Thanksgiving leftovers, turkey, dressing and cranberry relish, in one delicious sandwich. Dipped into warm gravy, it makes a satisfying lunch or light supper after the holiday.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- 2 slices country-style bread, each 1/2 inch thick
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cranberry relish
- 2 or 3 slices roasted turkey
- 1/2 cup leftover cooked dressing
- 1/4 cup turkey gravy, warmed
- 1 Preheat an electric panini maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- 2 Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Lay the slices, oiled side down, on a clean work surface. Spread the top of one slice with the mayonnaise. Spread the top of the other slice with the cranberry relish. Arrange the turkey on the mayonnaise. Top with the dressing, then top with the other bread slice, oiled side up.
- 3 Place the sandwich on the preheated panini maker and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions until the bread is golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4 Transfer the sandwich to a cutting board and cut in half. Serve immediately with the warmed gravy for dipping.