Excerpted with permission from The Nightmare Before Dinner, ©2018 by Zach Neil. Race Point Publishing, an Imprint of the Quarto Group.
“You’re in for a treat with this creepy concoction of sour cranberry juice and sweet blackberry schnapps created by Beetle House mixologist Gia Farrell.”
- 2 blackberries
- 1 slice lime
- 1⁄2 ounce (15 ml) simple syrup (see Tip)
- 1-1⁄2 ounces (45 ml) silver tequila
- 1 dash angostura bitters
- 1⁄2 ounce (15 ml) lime juice
- 1⁄2 ounce (15 ml) blackberry schnapps
- 2 ounces (60 ml) cranberry juice
- Garnish lime wheel
- Garnish blackberry
- 1 In a pint glass, muddle the blackberries, lime slice, and simple syrup.
- 2 Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Then add the tequila, angostura bitters, lime juice, blackberry schnapps, cranberry juice, and the muddled ingredients.
- 3 Shake the ingredients for about 5 seconds.
- 4 Dump the drink straight into the highball glass and garnish with the lime wheel and blackberry.
- 5 GO VIRGIN! This drink can be made non-alcoholic by substituting cranberry juice for the silver tequila and schnapps.
- 6 TIP: You can make your own simple syrup by combining 1-1⁄2 cups of water with 1 cup of sugar and bringing them to a boil or until they form a syrupy consistency.