Excerpted with permission from The Nightmare Before Dinner, ©2018 by Zach Neil. Race Point Publishing, an Imprint of the Quarto Group.
“Who cares if your skin is whiter than a ghost’s and your favorite color, mood, and general temperament is black? It doesn’t mean you don’t occasionally want to feel like you’re on a beach somewhere away from it all. So if your favorite gothic beach is closed (or nonexistent), then Gia Farrell’s Coco Skellington is like sitting on your very own gothic beach. And just like Jack, you’ll be king!”
- 1 ounce (30 ml) silver rum
- 1 ounce (30 ml) gin
- 1 ounce (30 ml) crème de coconut
- 1⁄2 ounce (15 ml) lime juice
- Small dash orange bitters
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add the rum, gin, crème de coconut, lime juice, and orange bitters.
- 2 Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add the rum, gin, crème de coconut, lime juice, and orange bitters.
- 3 Pour the drink into a highball glass.
- 4 Put extra ice in a separate cup and crush it with a muddler. Then put the crushed ice on top of the drink.
- 5 Garnish with the orange zest.