You know the warming beverage Irish Coffee and the delightfully tasty dessert, Tiramisu, but have you ever thought to combine them?
This recipe takes the elements that make both of these classics a stand-out and whips them into one decadent and enjoyable beverage that is perfect for celebrating National Irish Coffee Day!
This recipe is courtesy of KRUPS, the leader in coffee makers.
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 80 g. icing sugar
- 500 g. mascarpone
- 2 espressi
- 20 ml. whiskey of choice
- 50 g dulce de leche
- 3 apples
- 30 g butter
- 80 g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon bitter cocoa powder
- 1 Pour the espresso and leave to cool.
- 2 In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks with the icing sugar until pale and creamy. Incorporate the mascarpone.
- 3 Beat the egg whites into very stiff peaks.
- 4 Carefully incorporate the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- 5 Flavor the cooled espresso with the whiskey.
- 6 Peel the apples. Cut into small cubes and cook in the frying pan with the butter and sugar for around 5 minutes.
- 7 Place a spoonful of the dulce de leche into the base of each glass.
- 8 Dip the sponge fingers into the coffee, and line the base of the glasses.
- 9 Fill the glasses by alternating a layer of mascarpone cream and a layer of caramelized apples, ending with a layer of cream.
- 10 Sprinkle with bitter cocoa powder and set aside in the refrigerator.
- 11 You should ideally prepare the tiramisu 24 hours in advance