This Toasted Bruschetta with Brie Butter is an easy, yet elegant, appetizer for your next gathering. It’s the perfect combination of toasted crunch topped with an addictive compound butter.
This compound butter uses Brie, but you can experiment with a variety of fruits, vegetables and herbs to create your own. Try blending different fresh ingredients or favorite spices to make your signature spread.
- 2 loaves Italian bread, cut into 1/2-inch by 3-inch pieces
- 24 slices tomato
- 1 cup basil, shaved
- 2 cups Romano cheese, grated
- As needed Olive oil to brush bread
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, minced
- 1/4 cup chive or scallion, minced
- 1/4 cup basil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1-1/2 cups Plugrá European-Style Butter, soft
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- To taste salt and pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 Brush bread with oil.
- 3 Spread 1/8-inch layer of Brie Butter mixture on bread.
- 4 Top with a slice of tomato and a little chiffonade of basil. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5 Bake golden brown in oven until cheese is melted.
- 6 Place on a serving platter. Serve immediately.
- 1 Mix all ingredients for the Brie Butter together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.