When served in a pretty bowl or as a parfait, pudding makes for an elegant dessert. June 26th is National Chocolate Pudding Day, so why not celebrate by making this Tofu Chocolate Budino—an interesting twist on the traditional treat!
- 1 (14 ounce) package House Foods Organic or Premium Soft (silken) Tofu
- 8 ounces good quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 Combine sugar, water, and cocoa powder in a medium sized saucepan.
- 2 Bring to a boil, and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 3 Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4 Turn off heat and cool slightly.
- 5 Melt chocolate in a glass bowl, then set over a saucepan of lightly simmering water.
- 6 Add both mixtures and the tofu into a blender and puree until completely smooth.
- 7 Divide the chocolate mixture among ramekins and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.