Today Chef Roni Proter is making Pozole!
Pozole is a traditional Mexican stew that is incredibly rich, flavorful and made with hominy, a Mexican corn that gives the stew an authentic flavor and crunch.
- 2 lbs. boneless pork shoulder, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- Generous sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder (can substitute regular chili powder)
- 1 dried gajillo pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can hominy, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) can mild diced green chilis
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Juice from one lime
- 1 Salt the cubed pork generously and sear it with the olive oil in the InstantPot. Add the hominy, green chili, spices, garlic, onion, lime juice guajillo pepper and the broth, stir to combine.
- 2 Place the top on, seal the steam lever on top and cook on the 'stew' function (50 minutes).
- 3 Release the steam and serve. I serve one with sliced radishes, fresh cilantro and a lime wedge.