Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
This salad would be great with some grilled teriyaki chicken or steak. I slice the cabbage with the 4mm slicer attachment; and shred the carrot and jicama with the grater attachment. Slice the bell pepper, onion and Chinese peas by hand into very thin strips. Look for the vinegar, hoisin sauce and chili garlic sauce in the Asian foods section of your supermarket.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 154 Fat, Total: 10g Carbohydrates, Total: 17g
Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 288mg Protein: 2g
Fiber: 4g % Cal. from Fat: 58% % Cal. from Carbs: 44%
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (not sodium-reduced)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons chile garlic sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, quartered
- 4 cups (packed) thinly sliced cored Napa cabbage (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup grated peeled carrot
- 1 cup grated peeled jicama
- 2 ounces (about 20) Chinese peas or snow peas, cut lengthwise into very thin strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into very thin strips
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- Chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 Blend first 8 ingredients in mini-processor until smooth. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2 Combine all vegetables in large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Let stand at least 2 hours or cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours, tossing occasionally. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.