The essence of olives in Olive Nectar is a perfect pairing to the fresh foods favored in Cuba, such as this piquant salad that the de Moyas call “Cuban Guacamole”.
Recipe courtesy of OliVaylle and submitted by Conchita De Moya. OliVaylle Olive Nectar™ is extra virgin olive oil from Australia.
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, cut in 1 inch cubes and sprinkled with lemon juice
- 1 small butter lettuce
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup OliVaylle Olive Nectar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of white pepper and mustard powder
- 1 Wash and crisp butter lettuce in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- 2 Slice butter lettuce thinly.
- 3 Arrange the lettuce, avocado and pineapple on a salad platter.
- 4 Beat together the Olive Nectar, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and mustard. Just before serving pour over the salad.