Tropical Jump Start recipe. A vanilla-scented banana smoothie packed with soy power.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Calories: 348 Fat, Total: 7g Carbohydrates, Total: 62g
Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 146mg Protein: 12g
Fiber: 3g % Cal. from Fat: 18% % Cal. from Carbs: 71%
Cooking.com Tip: When making a drink for one, there’s no need to pull out the bar blender. A hand blender is a powerful tool that can whip, puree and blend with the best of them. Pour all the ingredients into a container and within seconds, you have a smooth and refreshing drink.
- 1 large banana, peeled, halved
- 1 cup (or more) chilled vanilla-flavored regular soy milk (do not use fat-free)
- 1/3 cup soft silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon (or more) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) vanilla extract
- 1 Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- 2 Season to taste with more honey and vanilla extract. Thin smoothie with more soy milk, if desired.
- 3 Pour smoothie into glass and serve immediately.
- 4 VARIATIONS:
- 5 Banana-Cinnamon Smoothie: Add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 6 Strawberry Smoothie: Substitute banana with 1 cup frozen strawberries.
- 7 Peach and Almond Smoothie: Substitute banana with 1 cup pitted fresh peaches. Substitute vanilla extract with 1/8 teaspoon almond extract.