Does holiday time mean extra wild rice and turkey at your house? Turn leftovers into tomorrow’s dinner by spiking the rice with vivid colors, flavors and toasty crunchy almonds for an unforgettable salad.
For other great leftover ideas, take a look at Holly Clegg’s Rush hour recipes video series, here.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups cooked wild or brown rice
- 2 cups chopped skinless cooked turkey
- 1 cup dried apricots strips (about 6 ounce package)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or mixed berries
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 In small bowl, whisk together lime juice, vinegar, oil, honey and ginger; set aside.
- 2 In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except almonds.
- 3 Combine with dressing and toss with almonds.
- 4 Spicy Advice: Use kitchen scissors to cut dried fruit into strips or even cut your meat.