These two fresh and homemade salsa recipes, Avocado Red Onion and Mango Onion, are the perfect dips for your chips and make an amazing topping for any fish or chicken taco entree.
Recipe and image provided by the National Onion Association.
For Mango Onion Salsa
- 1 cup fresh mango (or peaches)
- 1/4 cup yellow or red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh jalapeño pepper, minced and seeded (optional)
For Avocado Red Onion Salsa
- 1 large or 2 small diced avocados (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Blend ingredients for either salsa in a bowl and serve with your favorite chip.