Ultimate French Toast is easy to prepare & delicious. The presentation is impressive. It is forgiving and even travels well for brunches on the run in an aluminum disposable pan. Enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Alpenhorn Gasthaus
Top with a variety of toppings. For example, our B&B favorite is mixed black, blue & strawberries with peaches warmed, with a powdered sugar dusting, toasted almonds & a fresh sprig of mint from the garden. My childhood favorite is the way my mom served it…a fresh squeeze of lemon juice & lots of powdered sugar.
- 3 Cups of Milk
- 8 Large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar for topping
- 1 Loaf French Bread
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- Toasted Almond Slivers
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- Assorted Fresh Fruit
- 8 Springs of Mint
- 1 Spray 9x11 glass baking dish with non-stick. Slice 8, 1 inch thick slices of French bread & place in baking dish.
- 2 Whisk well in large bowl milk, eggs, sugar & vanilla. Pour egg mixture over bread.
- 3 Place 1/2 tablespoon of butter on top of each slice of bread & sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
- 4 Cover with plastic wrap & let stand overnight in fridge. In the morning remove from fridge & bring to room temperature.
- 5 Pre heat oven to 350ºF. Bake for 45 minutes until set & browned.