Veal Involtini Recipe. Tender veal dusted in bread crumbs and wrapped around asparagus spears, roasted red capsicums and camembert cheese, topped with a mushroom and roast garlic sauce. This delectable dish comes to us via our friends at Food Channel-Australia.
Recipe courtesy of Zone Fresh Windsor
- 1 bunch of pencil asparagus - steamed
- 1 jar of roasted capsicums sliced into strips (or you can roast yourself)
- 1 packet of camembert – sliced into strips
- 1 cup mushrooms - sliced
- 1 10-ounce bottle cream
- 1 jar seeded mustard - 1/2 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cloves of garlic – roast in oven for approx 20 minutes or until soft remove from husk and form a paste
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 1 pound of baby chat potatoes – steamed / roasted and tossed in butter pepper & salt
- 1 cup sugar snap or snow peas
- 1 piece of pumpkin – roasted in small pieces
- Grape seed or bran oil
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 1 Take breaded veal (or plain veal) and lay out on the bench. Take 2 asparagus spears, 2 or 3 strips of capsicum and 1 slice of camembert cheese and place on the veal.
- 2 Roll up and insert a toothpick or tie with a sprig of green onion.
- 3 Heat electric pan to high with a small amount of oil. Add the rolled veal and cook for approximately 2 -3 minutes either side or until golden.
- 4 Place chopped onion in a saucepan in hot oil and cook until clear then reduce heat to medium.
- 5 Add wine and cook for about 2 minutes to cook off alcohol.
- 6 Add mushrooms and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- 7 Add cream and garlic paste and blend through, cook until reduced or approximately 4-5 minutes.
- 8 Take veal from pan and slice into pieces on an angle. Place sauce over sliced veal .Serve vegetables on the side or can be served with a pasta.