When the holidays roll around, so do parties and social get-togethers and many other opportunities to indulge in some tasty treats. Why not stuff a little soy into your stocking (and diet) and give the gift of health this holiday season?
Recipe courtesy of Egg-nog.info
- 21 ounces extra-firm silken tofu
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup rum or brandy (or use apple juice with rum or brandy flavoring to taste)
- 4 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 ice cubes
- 1 Crumble the tofu and blend with soymilk, sugar and salt.
- 2 Blend until smooth.
- 3 Pour into mixing bowl, and whisk in water, rum and vanilla.
- 4 Cover and refrigerate.
- 5 To serve, blend half of the mixture in the blender with 10 of the ice cubes until frothy. Repeat with the other half. Serve in glasses with nutmeg sprinkled on top.