This vegan weeknight dinner is not only healthy, it’s quick to make and budget-friendly as well. Vegan Gnocchi Stir Fry is a healthy pasta stir fry, full of flavorful veggies, that makes for a piping-hot dinner everyone can enjoy.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 16-ounce package vegan gnocchi
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 cups chopped kale, or spinach leaves
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning spice mix, more if needed for taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 2 Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion to the pan and saute, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes.
- 3 Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 4 Add kale (or spinach) and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5 Stir in tomatoes, beans, salt, pepper, and seasonings, then bring to a simmer.
- 6 Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- 7 Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.