Very Berry Smoothies Recipe – Rich in flavor and loaded with vitamins, this restorative drink could be “brunch on the run”. If calories matter, substitute nonfat yogurt and a sugar substitute for the honey. If you like, use 4 perfect blackberries in place of the strawberries for garnish.
The secret to a thick and frosty smoothie is to use nearly frozen fruits and juice.
Recipe Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma Kitchen. Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Lifestyles Series, Brunch Entertaining (Williams-Sonoma Lifestyles , Vol 13, No 20).
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, well chilled
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, well chilled
- 1 pint frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- 1 1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt, well chilled
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice, well chilled
- About 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- 1 Set aside 4 perfect strawberries for garnish. Working in batches, in a blender, combine the remaining strawberries, the blueberries, raspberries, yogurt, cranberry juice and honey. Blend on high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- 2 Pour into chilled tall glasses and garnish with the reserved strawberries. Serve immediately.
- 3 Makes about 6 cups; serves 4.