Recipe courtesy of “Sally James”
- 1/4 cup Tasmanian Leatherwood or preferred honey
- 3 tablespoons shoyu or tamari
- 1/2 cup raw macadamias, halves and wholes (style 0-2)
- 4 ounces/120g bean thread or preferred noodles
- 1/2 red pepper (capsicum), finely sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup snow pea sprouts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 12-16 cooked Lincoln prawns
- 6 large butter lettuce or radicchio leaves
- DRESSING: Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Gently warm the honey and shoyu in a saucepan, add the macadamias and toss to coat with mixture.
- 2 Place nuts on a lined oven tray and roast in a moderate oven 4-5 minutes to caramelise. Set aside to cool.
- 3 Prepare the noodles according to directions on packet, transfer to a sieve, refresh with cold water and strain well.
- 4 In a large bowl, combine the noodles, pepper, cilantro leaves, green onion and prawns.
- 5 Whisk together the dressing ingredients to dissolve sugar and toss through the salad. Just before serving, place mounds of mixture in lettuce cups and scatter with the macadamias.
- 6 WINE SUGGESTION: Shaw and Smith Sauvignon Blanc or Tasfresh Unwooded Chardonnay.