Here’s an ultra-easy and delicious way to “plus up” a green beans side dish.
Why Try? The tarragon and walnut oil provide the dish with a marvelous flavor combination and add uncommon elegance.
- 3 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup tarragon, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups walnut pieces, toasted
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Bring four gallons of water to boil in a large stock pot.
- 2 Add enough salt so that the water tastes like the ocean.
- 3 Add green beans and cook until tender.
- 4 Drain beans and toss in a large bowl with walnut oil, tarragon and 1 cup walnut pieces.
- 5 Season with salt to taste.
- 6 Place on a serving platter and top with remaining walnut pieces.
- 7 Serve warm or at room temperature.