This traditional Provencal salad is great served for lunch or after the meal as the cheese course. You can use any of your favorite salad greens to change it up a bit. Flavored olive oil such as lemon or roasted garlic to drizzle on the toasts will add another flavor dimension to this marvelous salad!
- Ingredients for the Dressing:
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon country mustard
- ½ shallot finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bunch romaine
- 2 radishes sliced
- 8 slices toasted baguette
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil to drizzle on the toasts
- 4 slices bacon cooked crisp and chopped
- 1 Mix together the dressing ingredients.
- 2 Wash and chop the Romaine and place in a large bowl along with the radishes, then toss with the dressing.
- 3 Divide the tomato slices between four salad plates.
- 4 Spread the goat cheese on the toasts then sprinkle with the oregano.
- 5 Place goat cheese toasts under broiler until cheese is warmed; about 2 minutes.
- 6 Top the tomatoes with the dressed salad greens and drizzle with olive oil.
- 7 Place 2 toasts on each plate, sprinkle with the chopped bacon and serve.