Here’s a quick gift idea that is easy to make for all your friends and neighbors – and it won’t break your budget.
Tips: Use a funnel to pour the dry ingredients into the bottom of the jar.
Cut an 8-inch circle or square out of Christmas or other festive fabric to decorate the tops of the jars. For extra padding, cut a 4-inch round of polyester batting to place on top of the lid, then cover with fabric and tie with ribbon.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 1 package Pioneer Country Gravy Mix (2.75 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles or other pasta
- 1 Pour Pioneer Country Gravy Mix into wide-mouth pint jar. In small bowl, stir together bouillon granules, onion, celery and parsley. Pour into jar to make second layer. Add noodles. Seal with lid.
- 2 Make a Gift Tag: "Empty contents of jar into a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add 8 cups water; heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to medium; add 1 (10-ounce) or 2 (6-ounce) cans cooked and chopped chicken. Cover and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Makes 8 servings."
- 3 Attach gift tag and decorate jar as desired.