White Hot Chocolate with Gingerbread Spice is perfect for warming up a chilly winter day!
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
This white hot chocolate is creamy and full-bodied, thanks to the addition of egg yolks. It’s topped with a dollop of whipped cream, grated white chocolate and a sprinkling of spice sugar.
Makes 4 servings
Facts per Serving
Calories: 711 Fat, Total: 41g Carbohydrates, Total: 76g
Cholesterol: 262mg Sodium: 198mg Protein: 13g
Fiber: 0g % Cal. from Fat: 52% % Cal. from Carbs: 43%
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup plus 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- 5 ounces white chocolate baking bars (such as Nestle Premier White); 4 ounces finely chopped, 1 ounce finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon each: ground ginger, cinnamon and ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Combine cream and 3 tablespoons sugar and whip in cream whipper.
- 2 Cover and refrigerate.
- 3 Meanwhile, place remaining 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar in heavy large saucepan.
- 4 Whisk in egg yolks and milk.
- 5 Cook over medium heat, stirring almost constantly, until mixture thickens slightly (do not boil), about 10 minutes.
- 6 Add pinch of salt.
- 7 Reduce heat to very low and add 4 ounces chopped white chocolate a small handful at a time, stirring constantly.
- 8 When chocolate has melted, remove pan from heat and add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 9 Mix spices and 2 teaspoons sugar; reserve.
- 10 TO SERVE: Divide hot chocolate between smallish mugs or heatproof glasses. Top with a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle some spice-sugar and grated white chocolate over and serve.