Recipe Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma. Adapted from Williams-Sonoma “Outdoor Entertaining”, by George Dolese (Free Press, 2006).
Use whatever stone fruits look freshest at your market to create this refreshing sangria. Its the perfect cooler for a hot summer day.
- 6 peaches, plums or nectarines, or your favorite combination of stone fruits, halved, pitted and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups peach nectar
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1 bottle (750ml) dry Spanish white wine (white Rioja) or Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 cups club soda, or more, to taste
- Ice cubes as needed
- 1 In a large pitcher, combine the fruit, peach nectar, orange liqueur and wine. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 12 hours.
- 2 Stir in the club soda and ladle the sangria into ice-filled glasses. Serve immediately.
- 3 Serves 6 to 8.