This recipe for a zesty onion frittata can be prepped in under 10 minutes, allowing you to entertain with ease so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with family and friends. The secret ingredient is French’s French Fried Onions.
Tip: Try substituting French’s French Fried Onions in everyday recipes that call for breadcrumbs – just use equal amounts of crushed French Fried Onions in place of breadcrumbs.
Recipe courtesy of French’s.
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 oz.) jar mild picante sauce
- 1 1/3 cups French's French Fried Onions or French's Cheddar French Fried Onions
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 Heat oven to 350ºF.
- 2 In medium bowl, combine eggs, corn, chilies, sour cream, flour, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/4 cup picante sauce, 2/3 cup French Fried Onions and chili powder; mix well.
- 3 Pour into greased deep-dish 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish. Bake, covered, 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4 Pour remaining picante sauce around edge of dish. Top with remaining cheese and onions. Bake 5 minutes until onions are golden.