Prepare these 2 pizzas using Williams-Sonoma’s Basic Pizza Dough, which yields enough dough for 4 pizzas. You can use the extra dough to make more pizzas, such as our Sausage & Caramelized Onion Pizzas. Both recipes are available at Williams-Sonoma.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.
- 1 green zucchini, sliced 3/16 inch thick
- 1 yellow zucchini, sliced 3/16 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan dipping and drizzling oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Two 10-inch pizza dough rounds
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 ounce ricotta salata or goat cheese
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 Preheat a beehive pizza oven according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- 2 In a bowl, stir together the green and yellow zucchini, the 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper. Let stand for 5 minutes, then drain off the excess liquid.
- 3 Place 1 pizza dough round on a floured pizza peel. Lightly brush the dough with oil. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella on the dough and top with half of the zucchini.
- 4 Transfer the pizza to the oven, tapping the peel lightly to release the pizza. Bake until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden, 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the pizza occasionally to ensure even browning.
- 5 Transfer the pizza to a cutting board and squeeze a few drops of lemon juice over the pizza. Grate or crumble half of the ricotta salata over the pizza and sprinkle with half of the basil. Cut into slices and serve immediately. Repeat to cook the remaining pizza. Makes two 10-inch pizzas.