Add a touch of Latin flair to your Thansgiving meal with this zucchini, black bean and chipotle pepper dish topped with Chihuahua cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Butterball
*Can substitute the same amount of shredded Pepper Jack cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 cups sliced and quartered zucchini (about 4 medium)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2/3 cup mild or medium chunky salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Chihuahua cheese*
- 1 Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- 2 Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until onions turn golden. Stir in zucchini, beans and chipotle peppers. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until zucchini is tender. Stir in salsa. Heat1 minute longer.
- 4 Spoon mixture into serving dish. Sprinkle with cheese.