Baby, it is definitely cold outside, but it won’t keep the die-hards away from Times Square when the ball drops on New Year’s Eve. According to experts from Drizly, an online beer, wine and liquor retailer, those venturing out are actually in the minority. A recent survey they conducted revealed:
- 69 percent of respondents are either hosting their own parties at home or heading to a friend’s house to celebrate
- Just 16 percent said they’re either heading “out on the town” or having a nice dinner out with friends
- 15% are staying at home and watching Netflix on the couch
So which category best describes your New Year’s Eve plans? And if you do imbibe, Drizly’s polled its audience on the top “hair of the dog” remedies for a hangover. According to their research the top drinks used to recover from the prior evening’s festivities:
- Mimosa, 42 percent
- Bloody Mary, 22 percent
- Beer, 9 percent
- Wine, 4 percent
- Anything I can get my hands on, 4 percent
- No booze for me, 19 percent
We also thought it interesting to look at the top beverages ordered in the past week from the online retailer. Is your favorite among them?
- La Marca Prosecco
- Veuve Clicquot Brut (yellow label)
- Korbel Brut
Remember to celebrate responsibly and hopefully, you won’t need any hair of the dog!