October was National Popcorn Month and our friends at G.H. Cretors Popped Corn conducted an online survey to see how we really feel about this popular snack.
First of all, 31 percent of Americans overall said popcorn was the most shareable snack. Do not, repeat do not, get in the way of the television and snacks, as more than 95 percent of those surveyed said they snack while watching television. That’s also the time when they were most likely to snack.
When Millennials were isolated out and asked about snacking, here’s the skinny.
- 30 percent admit to pouring popcorn from the bag into their mouths
- 64 percent lick their fingers to get all the good stuff
- 31 percent eat the un-popped kernels and crumbs
- 65 percent admit to eating popcorn they’ve picked off their clothes
- 40 percent have eaten popcorn they found in a chair or sofa on which they were sitting, and
- If at a movie theatre, 39 percent confess to finishing their popcorn before the movie ever starts.
Guilty, guilty and guilty. I’m not ready to cop to eating popcorn found in a chair or sofa. For that, I have my trusty rescue dog Gomez!