Looking for a delicious gravy that works with beef, pork chicken and turkey? Culinary Correspondent Laura Kurella has got you covered. This is her recipe for an All-Purpose Gravy that aligns with the protein you’re serving.
- 1 cup broth to match meat source
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Gravy Master or Kitchen Bouquet
For Sweet-And-Sour Gravy
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 In a small bowl, add water and flour, stirring to remove all lumps.
- 2 Gather any juice or dripping or bits from the meat source and in a saucepan over low heat, add broth to pan stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to dissolve all in the pan.
- 3 As the liquid reduces, add salt, pepper, and spices, including the gravy master. If gravy is too thick, add more water, a little at a time while stirring. Stop at the desired thickness. Remove from the heat.
- 4 Pour gravy through a strainer to remove any lumps and debris that did not dissolve.
- 1 Add ingredients at Step #3 and continue as instructed.