Hearty BBQ smoked chicken or pulled pork sandwiches layered on toasted Kaiser rolls with crisp Applewood-Smoked bacon, smoky-sweet cider barbecue sauce and crunchy apple slaw.
Why Try? The multiple flavors and textures make this one memorable sandwich. Delightful paired with a rich, dark beer or ale.
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1 cup deli-style shredded coleslaw blend
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup julienne-sliced Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 Kaiser rolls, sliced, toasted
- 1 lb. smoked pulled pork or smoked sliced chicken
- 4 slices Applewood-Smoked bacon, crisp
- 1 Combine cider and barbecue sauce in saucepan; simmer until reduced to thick barbecue sauce consistency.
- 2 Combine coleslaw blend, green onions, apples, mayonnaise, cider vinegar and mayonnaise in bowl and toss to blend.
- 3 Layer smoked pork or chicken evenly on bottom halves of Kaiser rolls; top evenly with bacon, cider barbecue sauce and apple slaw.
- 4 Close sandwiches with top halves of rolls. Serve warm.