Asian Chicken and Vegetables in Gingered Broth Recipe. You would never guess this Asian inspired dish of succulent chicken and colorful vegetables in a ginger spiked broth is baked in aluminum foil packets in the oven.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving): Calories: 244, Fat: 4 g, Carbohydrates: 22 g, Cholesterol: 73 mg, Sodium: 545 mg, Fiber: 3 g,
Protein: 30 g.
To Toast Sesame Seed: Heat small skillet on medium heat. Add sesame seed; cook and stir 2 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Immediately pour out of hot pan to avoid over-toasting.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 2 cups asparagus pieces (2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup julienne-cut carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 4 sheets (12x18-inch each) heavy duty aluminum foil
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Sesame Seed, toasted
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix honey, soy sauce, orange juice and ginger in small bowl. Place vegetables in large bowl. Add 1/2 of the honey mixture; toss to coat well.
- 2 Place 1 cup of the vegetable mixture on each sheet of foil. Top each with 1 chicken breast half. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the remaining honey mixture over each chicken breast half. Sprinkle with sesame seed. Bring up foil sides; double fold top and ends to tightly seal packet. Place foil packets on large baking sheet.
- 3 Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Place each packet in shallow soup bowl. Carefully cut a slit in the top of each packet. Slide chicken and vegetables into the bowl.