Great color for an autumn dinner party or holiday gathering.
Recipe courtesy of Kraft
Per Serving: Calories 370, Total fat 32 g, Saturated fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 500 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Dietary fiber 5 g, Sugars 14 g, Protein 2 g, Vitamin A 2 %DV, Vitamin C 20 %DV, Calcium 4 %DV, Iron 15 %DV
HOW TO TOAST NUTS: Toasting nuts not only gives them a pleasing golden color but also intensifies their flavor and adds crunch. To toast nuts, spread them in single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole beets, drained, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple or other tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup PLANTERS Walnut Pieces, toasted
- 1 small bulb fennel, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared GOOD SEASONS Italian Dressing Mix
- 1 TOSS all ingredients except dressing in large bowl.
- 2 Add dressing; mix lightly. Cover.
- 3 REFRIGERATE several hours or until chilled.
- 4 SERVE on lettuce-covered plates.
- 5 SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with baked chicken or fish and cooked seasonal squash.
- 6 SUBSTITUTE: 1/2 cup sliced celery for the chopped fennel.