Baba Ghanoush is a popular Levantine dish of eggplant (aubergine) mashed and mixed with various seasonings. Levantine cuisine is the traditional cuisine of Ottoman Syria, now usually called the Levant.
Recipe courtesy of OliVaylle and submitted by Terri Rogers. OliVaylle Olive Nectar™ is extra virgin olive oil from Australia.
- Food processor
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Olivayelle Olive Nectar
- 3 Tablespoons Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Salt, to taste
- Flat bread, pita bread, or other favorite dipping bread
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 Oil cooking sheet. Place whole eggplants on oiled cooking sheet and roast until very tender,about 40 minutes.
- 3 Once cool enough to handle, slice eggplants lengthwise and scoop flesh into bowl of food processor. Add juice of one lemon, garlic, half of the Olive Nectar (1/4 cup), and salt to taste.
- 4 Pulse in food processor until mixture is smooth. Add additional Olive Nectar as needed.
- 5 Transfer to deep serving bowl. Cover surface with remainder of Olive Nectar.
- 6 Garnish with sprinkle of paprika and several olives placed in the middle. Serve with warm, sliced flatbread, pita bread, or other bread of choice.