Recipe Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma, adapted from a recipe by Sandra Cook, Chef and Food Stylist.
A light and lemony variation on the traditional pesto, this version combines fresh parsley and basil. Toss with your favorite pasta, or spoon over grilled fish or chicken breasts.
To toast the pine nuts, place them on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree F. oven until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 In a food processor, combine the garlic, pine nuts, basil, parsley, cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice. Pulse until ground to a fine paste, about 1 minute. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper. Makes 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 cups.