Blueberry-Ginger Muffin Tops a muffin tops with blueberry and ginger antioxidants
Nutrition Information: 1 muffin top
Calories 190, Calories From Fat 63, Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 190mg, Carbohydrates 29g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 4g.
*Tip:: To freeze, wrap muffin tops securely in foil or place in freezer bag; label and freeze. To reheat, microwave at HIGH about 30 seconds per muffin top.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Quaker Oats. Check out their site for more recipes and oat information.
- 1-1/2 cups Quaker oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup (5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon) margarine or butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Grease large cookie sheet. Combine oats and sugar.
- 2 For streusel topping, combine 1/4 cup oat mixture and 1 tablespoon of melted margarine in small bowl; set aside.
- 3 For muffins, add flour, baking powder and ginger to remaining oat mixture; mix well. Add combined milk, remaining melted margarine and egg; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in blueberries.
- 4 For each muffin top, drop batter by 1/4 measuring cupfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over batter, patting gently.
- 5 Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.