Salsa Brava literally means “wild salsa!” We have taken that description to the next step and used wild blueberries in this deliciously piquant spreadable, yet dippable, salsa.
With a touch of floral flavor through the addition of lavender, you will not find a more tasty, berry-laden salsa!
Brava Blueberry Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups fresh, wild blueberries
- 1/2 small red onion, peed and roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1/4 cup (1/2 small bunch) fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fire roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Pinch dried, crushed English lavender, optional*
- 1 Cut off the first inch of the cilantro stems and discard. Place trimmed cilantro and remainder of ingredients in a food processor and pulse until as chunky as desired.
- 2 Remove to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until needed.