Bring On the Mojo Pork Chops recipe courtesy Guy Fieri, on behalf of the National Pork Board.
Enter the National Pork Board Grilling Challenge for a chance to win $5,000. Finals to be judged by Guy Fieri. Click here to learn more.
- 4 bone-in pork loin rib chops, cut 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 1/4 cups fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup fresh watercress
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 Place pork in large, resealable plastic bag. Add 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup lime juice, and the vinegar; close bag to seal. Turn bag to evenly coat pork with marinade. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- 2 Meanwhile, in small mixing bowl add and combine all dry spices.
- 3 Lightly oil cold grill rack; preheat gas grill to medium-high. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade in bag. Sprinkle and rub both sides of chops with spice mixture.
- 4 Grill chops, uncovered, over direct heat for 12-16 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches 155ºF, turning chops over halfway during grilling. Transfer chops to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes.
- 5 Meanwhile, in a medium sauté pan, over medium heat, heat olive oil, add onions and sauté for 2 minutes; then add garlic, continue to cook about 1 minute more or until garlic begins to brown. Remove sauté pan from heat. Add remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, and the white wine. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduce to half of the amount.
- 6 To serve, pour sauce over chops. Garnish with watercress, tomato and avocado.